Do you use tobacco? If so, do you know this substance can be a deadly threat to your oral health and overall health? Tobacco use dramatically increases the risk various cancers that can thrive in your body that are always best to be avoided. Unfortunately, tobacco use is widespread, causing people to suffer from these dangerous effects each day.
Our Dentist, Dr. Claudia J. Trujillo, is happy to help you with your oral health. Furthermore, our team at My Fresno Family Dentist in Fresno, California, encourages you to avoid the use of tobacco in any way possible. To help you understand more about tobacco and your oral health, our dental team has provided you some necessary information on the subject.
Here is a list of insight on tobacco and your oral health:
– If you use tobacco, whether by chewing it or smoking it, you increase your risk for several severe problems including oral cancer.
– If you are looking to recover from any oral health care procedures, limit the use of tobacco.
– Be aware that the use of tobacco through any means can lead to stains and discolorations in your mouth, including stained teeth or tongue.
– Tobacco use can lead to a diminished ability with various senses, including the ability to taste or smell.
– Periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, can arise due to tobacco use.
As you can see, tobacco is a dangerous risk that puts your smile and health in danger. By eliminating this hazard, you could be protecting your oral health. If you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 559-432-2975. Our dental team is happy to assist you.