Did you know that alternative treatments such as using mouthwash and chewing sugarless gum can positively impact your oral health? Although we often assume that brushing and flossing are the end-all of oral hygiene, it doesn’t mean you cannot add additional methods to your routine for an even greater chance at oral health success. Mouthwash and sugarless gum can have amazing oral health benefits, for instance:
– Studies have shown that if you chew sugarless gum for at least a period of twenty minutes after a meal, it can wash away bacteria and food residue to help protect you better from cavities.
– Sugarless gum can increase your saliva flow, which contains ingredients that can defuse the harmful acids caused by bacteria that can destroy tooth enamel.
– Sugarless gum can help end heartburn or acid buildup in the esophagus.
– Mouthwash can nullify halitosis (bad breath) and tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can be used as an oral health care instrument in the fight against cavities by preventing plaque buildup.
– Mouthwash can slow the speed of and even prevent gingivitis, which can eventually turn into gum disease.
For more wonderful and amazing oral health care tactics recommended by our team at My Fresno Family Dentist, give us a call at 559-432-2975. If you would like to book an appointment with Dr. Claudia J. Trujillo at our dentist office in Fresno, California, please contact us during regular office hours. With a little love and some support, your smile can be as special as you want it to be.