Have you been diagnosed and checked for gum disease? Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an extremely common, yet grave oral infection to your gum tissue. Gum disease is triggered by a variety of factors, including plaque buildup within our mouths, that if left untreated, can steadily damage your gums and cause irreparable tooth loss.
Prevent gum disease from destroying your smile by keeping track of the following indications that may be taking place:
– Do you suffer from periodic bouts of halitosis (bad breath) no matter how often you brush and floss?
– Are your gums pulling back away from your teeth, exposing more of their roots?
– Have you been prescribed any medications that list gum disease as a common side effect?
– Do you have delicate gums that look swollen, tender to the touch, or are red and bleeding?
– Do you often have loose teeth that feel wobbly?
– Do you continue to partake in unhealthy habits for your oral health such as smoking or chewing tobacco, or using drugs?
– Do your gums generally bleed when eating food or brushing and flossing?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have or be at an increased risk for gum disease. My Fresno Family Dentist is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Claudia J. Trujillo and our team at our dentist office in Fresno, California, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 559-432-2975. We look forward to helping you smile.