Missing teeth in your smile aren’t just unsightly, they can affect the functionality of your smile as well. This means that it is in your best interest to do something about the gaps in your smile before they cause long-term problems.
To avoid the problems that can develop when teeth are lost, a dental bridge can be just the solution you need to bring back your healthy smile. This non-removable restoration will restore your smile whether you are missing several teeth in a row or even just one.
Dr. Claudia J. Trujillo at My Fresno Family Dentist is happy to share some of the benefits of dental bridges for our patients in Fresno, California, with missing teeth. But first, let’s take a look at what happens to your smile when teeth are lost.
- Your smile suffers as the gaps stand out when you smile or speak.
- Your speech can be affected.
- You are more prone to gum disease and tooth decay.
- The remaining teeth in your mouth can shift.
- Your bite may be altered.
- If your bite is altered, you are susceptible to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) as your teeth are subjected to uneven pressure when chewing.
Our dentist is pleased to offer a dental bridge for our patients needing help after teeth are lost. This fixed restoration is created using two or more crowns for the remaining teeth on either side of the gap. Known as abutment teeth, these teeth anchor the false tooth which is placed in the gap.
To find out whether a dental bridge can soothe your smile by restoring its form and function, we invite you to give our My Fresno Family Dentist team a call at 559-432-2975 in Fresno, California and schedule a consultation with our experienced dentist. Dr. Claudia J. Trujillo and our team look forward to helping you create the healthy, confident smile you deserve!